I a little behind, well a lot behind but loved reading them so I thought I would join in on the fun. If you would like to join in here is a schedule.
I know I know it's not Tuesday but I am behind so I thought I would play catch up.
Momfessionals Moments= "momfessional" which means little confessions we make about things we do as moms
When I was growing up I never saw myself a mom, in fact I didn't want kids. Now I am a stay at home mom to 3 little punks and cant imagine it any other way.
It has its joyous moments and it has its challenges but without them my world would be very dull. I truly am grateful that the Lord had different plans for me that what I had.
1. Chores: now that my kids are old enough to do chores around the house I save the chores that I dread or not wanting to do until they get in trouble and then I'm like that's you punishment for getting in trouble. It kind of makes me sad on the days they get along and listen so well. I hate unloading the dishwasher so that's usually what they do.
2. Route 44 Sonic Drink: at the kids school when they get their AR points they get rewarded with a free Route 44 Sonic drink, I use it and buy them a small or medium drink because we all know a child cant or shouldn't drink all of that
3. Suck it up Buttercup: Maci was 4 and I was pregnant with Mauri and Nick was gone hunting so it was late at night and I was watching the first season of Greys Anatomy, gosh its crazy to think that it has been on that long anyways she was in bed with me and kept jumping on the bed I told her why we don't jump on the bed you could get hurt (truthfully she was getting in the way with my Greys watching) and told her if she did it again she was going to get in trouble and have to go to her bed and sleep. Sure enough she jumped and fell and started crying (it wasn't that I'm dying cry it was a regular cry so I thought nothing about it) I told her I don't feel sorry or her because that's what I told her was going to happen and she didn't listen and sent her to her bed. About 5 minutes later she came to me and said Mommy something it wet on the back of my head so I took a look and OMG we rushed to the ER and 6 staples later I felt like the best Momma ever. YIKES
4. Play that Funky Music: When we are in the car and the kids start bickering and I will roll the windows down turn the music up in a crazy station in hopes of distraction, most of the time it works. What is this song? What kind of music is this? Mom do you really like this song? And usually they forget what they were bickering. Give it a try they think Mom has lost it went crazy when in return if they kept on bickering it would make me go crazy
5. Red hair comes from Carrots: Rhett idols his Daddy and wants to be just like him so we told him that Daddy ate a lot of carrots and that's what made his hair red. Not only did he try the carrots he loves them now, even though he is old enough now to know that's clearly not the case
6. BFFs with your Pharmacist & Dentist: its a must to be BFFs with your Pharmacists because when they have Asthma and has that barking seal cough and there is nothing that works and no one can get any sleep because of it you can call her and ask: Ok how much medicine can I give them to overdose them enough to knock them out but not harm them. ;) I must say the lady who ran the small pharmacy in our town is the sweetest kindest person and I am so thankful for all the times she has helped me out.
Dentist: I can't tell you how many times I have called this sweet family and even took one of the kids to him for all kinds of crazy reasons even stitched in Rhett's lip. Thanks so much for this family not only do we go way back before dental school and kids I love that our kids are so close and love each other too.
7. If its not broke don't fix it: Mauri was climbing into her bed and slipped and bumped her elbow and cried just a little bit but could bend it and it didn't swell so she went to sleep and the next morning while getting ready she complained with it and I would have sent her to school if I wasn't already going to Monroe since it wasn't swollen and she could move it. My SIL was working at a pediatric clinic so she got us into xray and they all thought nope its good not broke so we went on our way ate lunch met up with my mom until the radiologists could read the results Mauri started showing my mom how she could do cart wheels and I thought she played me I mean who could do a cart wheel with a broke arm? So instead of waiting in town for the results I drove an hour home and then got the phone call that is was broke....wait what? No way
8. Let them sleep for when they wake they will move Mountains
When the kids were little and they would always wait to fall asleep until 5 minutes from pulling into the driveway so I would run in the house get a book or magazine and sit in the car in the carport and let them sleep. Peace and quite means getting it when you can
9. ToothFairy doesn't work on weekends: Friday night the tooth fairy didn't show up (I think she forgot #justsaying) and then Saturday night still no tooth fairy #forgotagain and Sunday night #howcouldthishappen #forgot3nights no show too so that's when we discovered that the ToothFairy doesn't work on the weekends. And now in our house the Toothfairy doesn't work on the weekends #yesTrueStory #whoops the Toothfairy had way to much going on
10. Throw Jesus away: as you know I am not a pack rat or hoarded to say the least I am the opposite and OCD if it doesn't have a place then it goes in the trash. I have an art spot in the house on a wall and if it doesn't fit on the wall then it goes in the trash and if the art wall is full then you have to choose to get rid of something on the wall to put new one or not put the new one up. oever I have a keepsake box for each child and I do keep all the important stuff but every single color paper I cant keep. At church when the kids leave they have tons papers and I usually make them toss it if it doesn't go on the art wall. Next thing you know my child told their Sunday school teacher "My mom throws Jesus away" they all got a kick out of it and now its a joke they all say to me.